Friday, June 13, 2014

5x5 Challenge : Day 1







It feels quite strange to have pictures before words. I deal in words, traditionally, but I'll leave them be for now. The photos came to live here before these words for a very simple and annoying reason: I don't have any more room on my computer's start-up disk. Huh? Aren't computers huge these days -- or tiny with huge memory capacity? Yes, yes they are. But the problem for me is that this computer - this tool that I use to make a tiny bit of money and to express myself creatively and to waste time on Facebook - isn't really mine. Not completely. This computer is my husband's old computer. It became mine when he upgraded. But he didn't want to take all of his stuff (files? software? i have no idea) off of it so it's only half mine. 

This is not going to be a five minute rant against my husband. In the two minutes that I have left to write, I want to say, sort of publicly, that I NEED to get better at meeting my own needs. This has been a problem for me since I was a kid - second born, non-boat-rocker that I was/am. I'm tired of it. I'm sick of that being my MO, my excuse, and my failing. 

(I must interject here to say that I already finished and published this post. Except apparently I didn't. Do I re-write the post as it was, from memory, or do I live here in the present two minutes and switch gears to discuss technology-related frustrations further? Should I talk about the firey feeling in my solar plexus right now? Nah, back to the thing about the needs...)

5x5 Challenge, you challenge me to show up, for myself. 

Challenge accepted. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

you did it! i love it. you must continue. must. also, that pic of dash and the statue is amazing.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home