Monday, June 16, 2014

5x5 Challenge : Day 4 BITTERsweet

I love cereal. I think I love cereal more than I should, but I know I'll never stop. I love cereal with high protein and fiber content and low sugar. I love cereal mostly at night - in fact, I haven't eaten cereal for breakfast in at least a year. Maybe two. 





Every night after I eat cereal, I swallow a little pill. As I've mentioned here before, that pill has been getting smaller and smaller. (You may be surprised to learn, as was I, that the dosage of the pill corresponds directly to its physical size.) I went from 100 mg, which was yellow and oval, down to 50 mg, which is blue. Now I'm experimenting with 25, so I chop the little blue sucker in half. The notion that half of a pill has exactly half the amount of medication in it is positively ludicrous to me, but what do I know? I've been swallowing these pills for eight years not knowing exactly what they're made up of so why start asking questions now?

I know for sure that cereal comforts me. Cereal makes me feel like everything is normal and right and the way it's always been with no judgement as to whether it's always been good or bad. Nighttime cereal is my "goodnight" to myself. Swallowing a tiny pill afterwards is my "fingers crossed." 

Nighty night, Zoloft.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home